“These seven things the LORD hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
A proud look
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.”
(Proverbs 6:16-19 NKJV)
- A Proud Look – An arrogant person that thinks highly of themselves or their accomplishments. A person that prefers their self will instead of God’s will.
- A lying tongue – A dishonest person that lies and can’t tell the truth.
- Hands that shed innocent blood – People that kill innocent people that have not done no wrong.
- A heart that devises wicked plans – A person that looks after their own interest only and not the interest of others.
- Feet that are swift in running to evil – People that misbehave and hurry up to do evil things. Can be evil towards something or someone.
- A false witness that speaks lies -Someone who speaks unjustly about another person to ruin their reputation/life.
- One who sows discord among brethren – Someone who intentionally divides other people: gossiping.
The first five abominations focus on parts of a person: eyes, tongue, hands, heart, and feet. These five abominations focus on the person doing the bad acts. While the last two abominations focus on the people affected by these acts.